Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cab-i-oke

This is a back-blog. As many of you know Brad and I left Ondine for a night with my folks and drove to Vegas. We went to see "O", Cirque du Soleil's water show. It was cool but I for one am fully sated on Cirque du Soleil for a looong time. Maybe I am just jaded or maybe I've seen too many, but I thought I was going to say "wow" a lot more than I did. The whole pool/stage is fully impressive though.

We did go out to eat and see the strip as well, and like everyone else, took a taxi back to our hotel. The minute we got into this cab, the driver said, "HI!!", asked where-to, and then cranked the stereo blaring a quintessential Tom Jones, "It's not unusual to be loved..." and preceded to sing along at the top of his lungs to it. Before we knew it he was singing along to hit after hit and around block 5 I said something to him and he replied, "I love the cabioke!". I said, "karaoke?" He said, "NO! CAB-i-oke!!" and with that pulled out a rather large microphone and cued up another song (I actually can't remember what it was - I was so awestruck) and handed the mic back to ME to sing along. Of course I HAD to sing along!! But I barely could because I was laughing so hard. We got some of it on my cell phone videocam but hell if I know how to get that downloaded. It was such a Vegas moment. Unforgettable (except for the exact songs and some lyrics).

We also had a lovely suite and quite a nice sleep. Ahem.



(This one is courtesy of Brad)

No comments: