Sadly, our sweet Ondine isn't feeling well this weekend and has been feverish off and on. She may also be teething... or she has a sore throat... hard to tell but it seems her mouth is in pain. And then again it might also be due to the face plant and bloody lip she got at the slide day before last. Perhaps she really knocked her front tooth. Either way she has been waking crying inconsolably for some time before settling down again. When the boob doesn't even work, we know she's really OFF. Aww.
I have been trying to post videos and some photos with other narratives but this dial-up connections is jacking me. It just takes too long and then doesn't work. So I've decided to check in without a photo again.
We're starting to really miss all of you and since the internet phone isn't hooked up, calling has not been easy enough. I did however just buy a phone card that allows us to call the US for 3 cents a minute from a land line, so we we'll be making some calls out soon! Then I realized I hadn't explained the time situation yet, so here it is: we are currently 19 hours ahead of PST. The easiest way to calculate what time it is here is to jump to your tomorrow, and then subtract 5 hours. To us, you are yesterday plus 5. So now for instance, its nearly 4pm on Sunday, making it Saturday at 9pm for (most of) y'all. Get it? NZ has its own daylight savings time as well (and similarly adjusted it as did the US this year... which makes me uncomfortable in a way... like congress controls time now too?? WEIRD.) so this will change throughout the year. Stay tuned for changes - I'll let you know.
Also, Brad and I are both using Instant Messenger (IM) on Google, plus I also have a Yahoo account. So look for us to chat - it works really, really well actually (get in touch if you want to but don't know how). Thankfully, it seems to be something my crazy lo-speed connection can handle. I tend to be available mornings and during Ondine's nap times, which translates in to lunch and dinner times for most of you - roughly.
Get in touch! We miss you and love hearing from you.
Gotta go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment