Sunday, April 13, 2008

Here we go Part II

Ondine has just gone to bed so I am back. I am really making an effort to get this going as with most creative endeavors, it seems starting is always the hardest part. And I do consider this a creative endeavor and at the same time I don't want to elevate it so I get freaked out and shut myself down. That has been my pattern for TOO long, and its tired and boring. So, like I said, here we go.

Overall things are good. Especially when the sun shines. It's amazing how much this aspect can change every other aspect of my day. It is chemical, no doubt, and man oh man, I love me some of that vitamin D! Although you have to be SUPER careful down here with the sunshine. The sun is fierce, having less than normal levels of ozone to protect us feeble humans from scorching. I met a woman today through Mel who is my age or younger, who isn't a sun bather or anything, who had to have a big section of her face removed when a mole turned malignant. It freaks me out especially with Ondine. I think we will have a permanent bag of hats and sunscreen in the car at all times. But you didn't just hear my complaining about the sunshine! We know winter is coming so any sun we get is a huge bonus.

Since I don't have photos or video, I am going to keep things short and write often, rather than writing epic blog spots. I hope to keep you coming back for more after all. I need to tell you about driving on the wrong side of the road, all the different vocabulary, introduce you to many places and people, and keep you updated on our lives. There is much time and future blogging for that. And I really want to call it a day and finish my glass of wine.

Love to all - missing you all MUCHO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to hear info, details, facts, stories--everything! I just like to know you guys are alive and well and out there living daily life! BTW, can't wait for the post about different vocabulary. I love that stuff! xoxo Jenny