
I forgot to add "shifting" to the vocabulary list. It means moving. So we are shifting AGAIN today. This time we are leaving Mel's house and all her neato toys and things to return to Grace Cottage in town. Its a great little place and we love it but realized that it is located on the main pedestrian walkway in and out of town so last Friday night we heard revelers from 10:30pm to about 4am walking by. Ah well, it is still a lovely place to be and soon enough we will be in our house in Breaker Bay. I think I can 'shift" one more time after today and then I am DONE. It is time to nest, to settle, to decorate and make a place our own. It is kind of surprising how deep an urge I have for this, to have a place where I know I can BE and STAY and move in. I think Brad and I will both feel more rested and relaxed when that time comes.
Although staying with Mel has been great too. We've known Mel since we first arrived in 2000 and have stayed in good contact since then. Now she and Brad are even in the same department and she has been wonderfully generous and supportive of our move. She invited us to dim sum on Sunday to meet some of her closest friends with kids. Martin does sound at Weta and Gabby is an artist - they have another Ruby - she is 6 months old and precious. They live close to Weta so when we get moved in I hope to connect with Gabby for some park and playtime.
Brad is off work today which is such a treat. We had an appointment with our accountant (ugh... not good news there but not going into that now), and as we have to "shift" again this afternoon, he decided to take the day. We went to a cafe after our meeting and before we had to pick up Ondine from the nanny and luxuriated in an uninterrupted conversation. Ahh, adult time!
We are really doing fairly well. Sometimes the culture shock hits us, at random and unsynchronized times, and at other times we just forget where we are. I think we are both doing our best to try and stay positive through what we know is a challenging time of transition. There is so much more to take care of and DO, but we are taking it all one day and breath at a time - or trying to at least.
Love to all... more to come.
2 comments:
MISS YOU shape shifters......
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! This makes me miss you all all the more.
Much love lovely ones,
Sx
Post a Comment