Ok then. The time has finally come to blog. With grim fear and trepidation losing out just slightly to naive abandon, I begin.
There is an urge to relay INFO and DETAILS all the time. I am going to try and resist that and instead aim for more interesting missives. We'll see how that goes, as sometimes its the juice in the details that we all crave. Unfortunately, between the VERY slow dial up connection we currently have (oy - long story) and the fact that we left the video cam software in our ocean freight, I may not have photos or videos to post here initially. Sorry 'bout that... I know that makes this all much more interesting.
This weekend marks the first in many many months when the day has begun with the question, "what can we do for fun today?" rather than, "what all needs to get done today?". HOORAY! And Wellington has decided to have great weather all weekend to boot. Not that I have amazing things to tell about the fun we've had, but I read a magazine and that was quite a joy.
We're staying with our friend Mel at the moment at her groovy pad overlooking one of the many bays surrounding Wellington. Ondine has had a hay-day with her awesome and varied toy collection, predictably getting attached to Elmo, Ernie and Bert and shunning some of odder, scarier toys higher up the shelves. Mel has Austin Powers magnets on her fridge, and this morning Ondine pointed to Fat Bastard and first said, "man". And then said, "a boob". Yep, you got that right my dear!
Talking with Ondine these days is such a treat. She hears EVERYTHING, so the time to stop cursing has certainly arrived. Ahhh, the little one is waking now... so I will wrap up and come back again later (this is going to be the way A LOT of the time).
more to come....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay!! I still have two emails to react to.. I will get to that some day soon, for it is the end of the semester and there is daily hell to pay... I second the call for details -- I currently live in Alabama you see... Not too bad, just ... lacking in detail..
Can't wait for photos! BLOG ON TINY POPE! (?) Love, Mike
Cari,
Great idea! Looking forward to hearing more about your new life. It appears your off to a terrific start. We miss you guys lots already. Love, Yo Daddy
Post a Comment